Dressage competitions are judged subjectively, the aesthetic quality of gaits and the expressiveness of the movements.
To accomplish this they must demonstrate control, accuracy and flexibility and be extremely sensitive to the rider's aids. The nature of the work involved in this disciple requires great muscle control and co-ordination on the part of the horse. The key to training and development of the dressage horse from novice through to International Grand Prix is gymnastic exercise that aims to strengthen the muscles and thereby avoid injury to joints and soft tissue associated with increased workload.
Niagara Equissage is a safe, easy to use, natural, non-aggressive and non-invasive way to effectively warm up and warm down your horse, prevent common issues, improve performance and maintain your horse in peak condition.
Dressage riders world wide love how Niagara Equissage provides a full body workout, equivalent to a 5 mile walk for their competition horse. Niagara Equissage gently penetrates through 4 feet of bone and 2 feet of tissue to provide the following benefits to Dressage horses:
- Increased blood flow, specifically around the joints to decrease the likelihood of injuries
- Improved lymphathic drainage to assist in the removal of lactic acid, keeping your horse energized and willing
- Relaxation of the muscles, keeps them soft and supple, naturally helping to relieve pain, unlock tension and reduce muscle spasm, improves flexion, bend and suppleness
- Improved join mobility to assist in control, accuracy and flexibility of the gaits
Niagara Equissage is an essential tool in improving the health and performance of horses in every stable.
- USDF Gold, Silver & Bronze Medalist
“I have been using the Niagara Equissage for over a year now and I notice a real difference in my horses. It really relaxes the muscles and gives them a sense of ease and well being. When used before work, their muscles are relaxed as if they have already had a good warm up. I also like to use it after a hard workout to let them loosen up and be able to relax and feel comfortable for the rest of the day.”
- "I use the Niagara Equissage on a regular basis at home and would not dream of going to a show without it. Our horses are athletes and we expect tremendous fitness and performance from them. The Niagara Equissage helps prevent injuries so we can have healthy, comfortable, riding partners. It aids tremendously in the warm up and cool down phases of work. The horses always look forward to their massage time!"
- “I use the Niagara Equissage on my horses everyday. It cuts my warm up time in half and my horses recover much faster after they have had a hard day at the show.”